IMPORTANT: BEFORE USING THE BEDNEST, READ THIS USER GUIDE CAREFULLY AND RETAIN FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. ALWAYS PASS IT ON TO THE NEXT USER.
Important To Ensure the Safety of Your Baby:
The Bednest is not like traditional Moses baskets, bassinets or four closed-sided baby cots, so read this user guide carefully, be aware of the warnings and follow the instructions.
1) WARNING: The Bednest is designed to provide a sleeping area for an infant until he/she begins to push up on hands and knees, kneel, sit up or pull him/herself up unaided, weighs 10 kg. or is approximately five months of age, whichever is sooner. Move your child to another sleeping product when your child reaches one of these stages.
2) WARNING: Do not place the product close to another product, which could present a danger of suffocation or strangulation (e.g. strings, blind/curtain cords, etc.).
3) WARNING: Do not place another mattress or similar item on top of or beneath the supplied mattress. The top of the sleep surface should not exceed the Maximum mattress height line shown on the inside of the end panel of the baby cot.
4) WARNING: Use of cot bumpers and other padded items, including soft toys, are not recommended within the Bednest as these can be a smothering hazard.
5) When using the Bednest baby cot away from its stand, always place it on a firm, flat and level surface on the floor.
6) Other young children should not be allowed to play unsupervised in the vicinity of the Bednest. Ensure pets are kept away from the Bednest.
7) DANGER! When the Bednest is used away from your bed, whether on its stand or any other surface, the sides should be fully up and secured.
8) All assembly fittings should always be tightened properly and care should be taken that no screws are loose, because parts of the body or clothing (e.g. strings, necklaces, ribbons for babies, dummies, etc.) could get trapped, which would pose a risk of strangulation.
9) If you need to replace the mattress, always use a genuine Bednest branded mattress. Replacement mattresses are available at www.bednest.com. Bednest has not approved any other mattress.
10) When used for bedside sleeping, always attach the Bednest to your bed as described in this user guide. Ensure that the top of the folding side is at the same height as the top of the adult mattress.
11) Never carry the Bednest baby cot with the baby inside.
12) If you have been advised to tilt the Bednest by your health professional, do not exceed a 5 cm height difference between the higher (head) height and the lower (feet) height. The tilt should be achieved by varying the extension of the stand, using the adjustable sliding catches. Never place a cushion or other bolster under the mattress to achieve the tilt you require. Never place items such as books under the legs of the stand to tilt the stand.
13) When placing your baby in the Bednest, ensure your baby’s feet are near one end of the Bednest as recommended by health professionals. This is called the ‘feet to foot’ position. Unless directed otherwise by your physician, your baby should be put to sleep on his/her back.
14) Do not position the Bednest in the near vicinity of an open fire or other strong sources of heat, such as electric bar fires, gas fires, etc.
15) Ensure side panel fabric is properly fitted, with the Velcro style fastener keeping it secure around the bottom rail, for example after washing it.
16) Do not use the Bednest if any parts are missing or broken, contact Bednest for advice. Do not substitute parts, always use parts purchased from Bednest.
17) Read the warnings and instructions.
Failure to follow these instructions and warnings could result in serious injury or death.
18) A bedside sleeper is designed to provide a sleeping area for an infant until he/she begins to push up on hands and knees, is able to sit up, weighs 10 kg. or is approximately 6 months of age. Move your child to another sleeping product when your child reaches this stage.
19) The bedside sleeper cannot be used with beds of which frames protrude from the mattress by more than 3 inches/7.5 cm.
20) DO NOT use the bedside sleeper if any parts are missing, damaged or broken. Contact Bednest for replacement parts and instructional literature if needed. DO NOT substitute parts.
21) Keep instructions for future use and pass them on to the next user.
22) Always read and follow the assembly instructions for each product mode.
23) ENTRAPMENT HAZARD – To prevent death caused by entrapment, the bedside sleeper must be properly secured to the adult bed using the attachment system provided. Never use other attachment systems than the one approved by Bednest.
24) To avoid the risk of your child being strangled, the attachment system to the adult’s bed shall always be kept away from and out of the baby cot.
25) • Ensure that the folded frame provides a secure bridge between the bedside sleeper and the adult bed.
26) • Check the tightness before each use by pulling the bedside sleeper in a direction away from the adult bed.
27) • Do not fill gaps with pillows, blankets or other items that are suffocation hazards.
28) To avoid hazard from the child’s neck being caught between the top rail on the side of the Bednest that is next to the adult bed and the adult mattress, the top of the folded side must not be higher than the adult bed mattress.
29) DANGER! – Always completely raise and secure the drop sides when the Bednest is not attached to the adult bed.
30) When in bedside sleeping mode, never use in an inclined position.
31) This bedside sleeper is only designed to use in combination with adult beds that are between 42 and 78 cm from the floor to the top of the adult mattress.
32) SUFFOCATION HAZARD – Infants have suffocated in gaps between extra padding and sides of the baby cot and on soft bedding. Use only the mattress provided by the manufacturer. NEVER add a pillow or comforter or another mattress.
33) Strings can cause strangulation! DO NOT place items with a string around a child’s neck, such as hood strings or pacifier cords. DO NOT suspend strings over a baby cot or attach strings to toys.
If you have damage or if a part is missing, that is certainly annoying.
The button below will take you straight to our spare parts page, where you can order parts.
If in doubt, always contact us: 0035-7370587 (you can also use this number to send a What’s app), we will be happy to help you.
Towards the end of the seven months, you will receive an email from us explaining when to return the Bednest.
Make sure you keep the transport box for a damage-free return! Accessories such as travel bags, sheets, etc. do not need to be returned as you have bought them yourself.
Do I have to pay the shipping costs when returning?
When you rent a Bednest, you will receive information on how to return your Bednest at the end of your rental period. This includes how to print out your shipping label. Furthermore, you can select where you can drop off the parcel at a DPD Parcel shop near you.
Video instructions about packing the Bednest
Would you like to adapt your Bednest to the latest safety requirements set by the European Union ? Each Bednest can be adapted within a minute with simple instructions. For video see below.
There have been 3 versions on the market in recent years. The fabric sides and all mattresses fit on and in each model. The distinction is in the mechanics of the sides.
The current Bednest model, the version on the market from April 2020, meets the latest European safety requirements, EN 11.30. All versions before 2020 can be easily adapted. Only the mechanical part of one side will have to be replaced.
The only condition is that you either already own an organic or natural mattress OR a comfort / foam or standard mattress from after April 2020. Incidentally, our advice is to buy a new mattress for every new baby. Also with siblings, family and friends for hygiene and safety reasons.
A study showed that used mattresses had a negative effect on newborns. So buy a new mattress for each new baby. Your baby sleeps an average of 16 hours a day on it, which is well worth a new mattress.
If you want to know which version Bednest you have, send us a video to our whatsApp number on 0031357370587.
How do I wash the Fabric side panels?
You put the Fabric side panels in a buttoned pillowcase in the washing machine at 30 degrees. Make sure you put the Velcro tape on well! Then put them back around the frame of the Bednest wet, so they dry tight and fit well.
How do I clean the standard mattress?
The standard mattress can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
The cover can be washed at 40 degrees Celsius, it can also be washed at 30 degrees.
Regularly turn standard mattress over to allow it to air.
How do I clean the organic mattress?
The cover can be washed at 30 degrees and the inner cover at 60 degrees.
Regularly flip organic mattress so it can air out.
How do I clean the premium mattress?
The core of this mattress is easy to wash. To do this, just take off the cover (the ticking) and rinse the core with water and let it dry well. The cover can be easily washed at 30 degrees and the inner cover at 60 degrees.